The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Technician, Internal Medicine / Infectiouis Diseases in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Associate's degree in basic science or equivalent; 1 year related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide technical skills in performing laboratory experiments and procedures. Salary Range
From $27,760 to $34,600 annually.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Will provide support to a NIH project related to the study of the immune response to an infection
- Conduct routine lab experiments with an appropriate level of direct supervision
- Assist other lab personnel with the management of mouse colonies and mouse experiments
- Both mouse and hamster models of infection may be utilized
- Maintain detailed and accurate written records of experiments and animal monitoring
- Training will be provided by PI and senior lab staff
Prefer someone with a Bachelor's degree in a biological science field.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience in handling laboratory mice
- Experience with DNA isolation and PCR
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Technician, Internal Medicine / Infectiouis Diseases
Job ID: 61590
Business Unit: SOMED