The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Technician - Department of Neurology in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Associate's degree in basic science or equivalent; 1 year related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide technical skills in performing laboratory experiments and procedures. Salary Range
From $27,760 to $32,000 annually.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Oversee all daily rodent husbandry duties including breeding, genotyping, aging, injection, surgeries and behavioral analysis of the mouse models involved in the lab
- Will be trained to high proficiency for maintaining an organized, multi-strain mouse colony as well as synchronizing breeding of mice for behavioral study
- Comfortable working with rodents in research environment
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Good communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Technician - Department of Neurology
Job ID: 62090
Business Unit: SOMED