The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate III - Pharmacology in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent and 5 years of related experience or Master's degree in basic science or equivalent and 3 years of related experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: Conducts a variety of non-routine research assignments and experiments. Specific Job Related Duties
Research Associate III conducts variety of non-routine research assignments and experiments.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Experience with crystallographic and/or cryoEM methods is highly desired.
- Expert in protein purifications and characterization
- Expert in cell culture maintenance for recombinant protein production and other cellular experiments.
- Perform basic molecular biology techniques, such as PCR, Western blot and DNA analysis.
- Well organization skill is highly desirable. Technical writing experience is a plus.
- Data analysis skill.
- Lab manager duty: bookkeeping for safety and radioactivity documents, maintaining lab supplies, and supervising new lab personals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in basic science or equivalent and 5 years of related experience or Master’s degree in basic science or equivalent and 3 years of related experience required.
Specific job requirements or physical location of some positions allocated to this classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby subject to the provisions of Section 51.215, Texas Education Code.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Associate III - Pharmacology
Job ID: 61939
Business Unit: SOMED