The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate II - OBGYN - Perinatal Research Lab in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent and 2 years of related experience or Master's degree in basic science or equivalent and no experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs a variety of routine and non-routine research assignments and experiments and assists with lab maintenance responsibilities.
Salary Range **
$33,760 - $42,200 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: SC14.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Perform standard research assignments under direct supervision
- Set up, prepare, and conduct standard molecular and histologic experiments following detailed instructions.
- Perform basic molecular techniques (nucleic acid extraction, qRT-PCR, siRNA experiments) and histologic techniques (paraffin embedding, paraffin sectioning and cryosectioning, immununocytochemistry or immunohistochemistry, microscopy (basic and confocal).
- Able to setup and maintain tissue cultures and cell cultures
- Collect human biological specimens, process, biobank and manage databases. Maintain record of all tests performed and all data collected
- Calibrate and operate laboratory equipment
- Work with animals (mice) performing various experiments
- Order supplies
- Help research fellows, PhD students, post-doctoral fellows with experiments.
- Attend lab meetings, present weekly activities, help PIs with data presentations.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Biological Analysis
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Standard laboratory environment
- Animal science
- Microsoft Excel/Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques and histologic techniques
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Associate II - OBGYN - Perinatal Research Lab
Job ID: 59780
Business Unit: SOMED