The University of Texas Medical Branch Research Associate II, Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree in basic science or equivalent and 2 years of related experience or Master's degree in basic science or equivalent and no experience required. JOB DESCRIPTION: Performs a variety of routine and non-routine research assignments and experiments and assists with lab maintenance responsibilities. Salary Range
From $33,760 to $42,200 annually.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Performs experiments that will involve animal handling (stress protocols, breeding, genotyping, injection, behavior experiments, survival surgery and necropsy), cell culture, Western blotting, qRT-PCR, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, RNA/DNA/protein processing, ELISA, and plasmid isolation
- Collects, records and tabulates data generated from experiments
- Performs related lab maintenance duties as required
- Experience working with rodents
- Minimum of one year of laboratory experience
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Research Associate II, Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology
Job ID: 62119
Business Unit: SOMED