The University of Texas Medical Branch Clinical Trial Info Specialist - Research Services in Galveston, Texas
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 2 years clinical research experience required. Must be knowledgeable of Medicare/Medicaid billing rules as they pertain to clinical trials. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Previous experience with clinical trials management systems preferred. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
The Clinical Trials Informatics Specialist will be responsible for the creation of study calendars as per the protocol’s study flow sheet and generation of billing grids as determined by the negotiated study budget in the institution’s Clinical Trial Management System.
Department Marketing Statement **
In our commitment to the generation, dissemination and application of knowledge to improve the health of society, UTMB's Research Services supports and promotes institutional excellence in research by providing services that enable UTMB research faculty to enhance competitiveness in obtaining external funding. Services are provided throughout Research Services by Sponsored Programs, Research Education, Research Compliance and Reporting, Research Subject Protections, Animal Resources Center, and Research Technology Support.
Salary Range **
$42,344.00 to $52,930.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS14.
Specific Job Related Duties **
- Review and interpret clinical trial protocols to create accurate calendars in the Institution’s Clinical Trials Management System for purposes of scheduling and monitoring study visits, and calculating revenue earned. Work with Sr. Financial Analyst and study team members to effectively identify non-standard care and research services/procedures for each trial.
- Effectively identify all cost associated to conduct the clinical trial
- Generate billing grid in Institution’s Clinical Trial Management System.
- Understands and keeps a current understanding of FDA and Medicare guidelines for clinical trial billing
- Serve as a financial and systems resource to study teams, investigators, institutional departments and central administration.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Closing Statement **
#rsrch #informatics #clinicaltrials
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Clinical Trial Info Specialist - Research Services
Job ID: 58847
Business Unit: RSRCH