The University of Texas Medical Branch Animal Attendant - Animal Resources Center in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent; no experience required.
To assist in providing care of laboratory animals in a humane, safe and sanitary manner including duties associated with cage washing, sanitation and preparation of animal research facilities.
$25,280 to $31,600 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: SC14.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Feeds and waters animals as specified.
- Performs daily census of animals.
- Changes animal caging as scheduled, sanitizes rooms, equipment and hallways as assigned.
- Assists in the maintenance of animal records.
- Observes animals for behavior change and/or evidence of disease and notifies staff as appropriate.
- Assists in the operation of and the record keeping for breeding colonies.
- Receives, transports and distributes incoming animals as specified.
- Attends in-house training programs to become more knowledgeable in the field of laboratory animal science.
- Maintains room schedules and census cards.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Animal Attendant - Animal Resources Center
Job ID: 62122
Business Unit: RSRCH