The University of Texas Medical Branch Administrative Coordinator-Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy in Galveston, Texas
Min Qualifications Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; 3 years related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide professional guidance, supervision, and coordination in the administrative duties of a department. Salary Range
Specific Job Related Duties
Coordinates all administrative activities related to the Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy Division. Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Answers phones and responds to correspondence; refer University and external personnel to the appropriate source for information as necessary ensuring effective communications in a timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and memorandums in appropriate business letter format including proofreading all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Composes responses to e-mails and letters forwarded to the Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy Division.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and reimbursements, as well non-PO vouchers and internal billing requests, ensuring compliance with current UTMB Guidelines.
- Schedules meetings and/or conferences for Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy faculty using Outlook calendar, reserves rooms, sends meeting reminders, prepares and distributes agendas and meeting minutes.
- Assists faculty and staff with completion of time and attendance in KRONOS.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy office.
- Assist residency coordinator with the Vascular Residency Program.
- Assists with the coordination of itineraries and travel associated with faculty recruitment.
- Provides tracking mechanism for Division Chief related to project management, progress, and deadlines.
- Processes requisitions for routine, non-routine, and capital equipment purchases in accordance with current UTMB procurement rules and guidelines.
- Works in tandem with other Coordinators and Administrative Support Staff in the Department filling in and covering other departmental areas on a daily basis.
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert.
- Acts as liaison with agencies and institutional departments.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin boards. Sorts, stamps, and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel spreadsheets
- Familiar with PeopleSoft financials and Kronos Timekeeping System
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task to support diverse areas within the administrative team
- Experience working in a team environment
- Prior administrative support experience
#admin #prof #rsrch
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator-Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy
Job ID: 61906
Business Unit: SOMED